Easy, Resealable Access for Nondestructive Testing of Insulated Pipe and Equipment Install Once.
Inspect As Often As You Choose!
- EPA and OSHA inspection point access
- Reduces time for periodic inspections/tests
- Installs on both smooth and corrugated jacketing
- No special tools, O-rings, transition gaskets,contoured flanges or "goof plates" required
- Patented design seals and protects against corrosion under the insulation (CUI), chemical and UV exposure of the elastomer sleeve
- Lanyard stops plug cap loss
- Available in 1.5, 2.5, 3.0 and 5.0 in. (38, 64, 76 and 127 mm) sizes with or without handle, lanyard and locking ring, as shown
||D2000 2BA 510 A14 B13 C12 F17
||D2000 2GE 506 A19 B37 F19
||-65° to +300°
-54° to +149° C
|-65° to +400°
-54° to +204° C
The metal Cap is available in either 5052 aluminum or 304 stainless steel. The optional handle and locking ring would be of the same material. All lanyards are 304 stainless steel.
Also available are hole saws, arbors and TML Inspection Point Labels.
|NDT Plug Sizes Available
||Recommended for Insulation Jacket OD
|1.5 in. (38 mm)
||Small Diameter Piping
|2.5 in. (64 mm)
||Minimum 6 in. (152 mm)
|3.0 in. (76 mm)
||Minimum 9 in. (229 mm)
|5.0 in. (127 mm)
||Vessels & Equipment
Inspection Access Procedure
- Locate and mark the insulation jacket where the test is required.
- Use either tin snips or a hole saw to penetrate the insulation.
- Remove the final layer of insulation in the safest and most convenient manner (using your hand or knife) to expose the substrate for electronic and visual inspection.
- After inspection, re-insert the insulation or replace with a high density material.
- Insert the Sleeve. (Caulk around the sleeve for cold applications is recommended.)
- Secure the Locking Ring and Lanyard (if applicable).
- Insert the Plug Cap to affect a seal.